UPDATE: MAY 25, 2020
To our MASSACHUSETTS New England Golf Course Owner member clubs,
The NEGCOA learned today that golf cart restrictions in Massachusetts will be changed as of Monday, May 25th.
On Monday, May 25th, there will no longer be a medical restriction for access to golf carts. GOLF CARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL, SINGLE RIDERS & THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. In addition to this change, courses can bring on additional staff to handle the scaling up of golf cart use and required sanitizing.
We have no additional updates to provide with regard to reduced tee time intervals, bathroom access, F&B, or driving ranges and putting greens.
Official language and terms will be posted on the State’s Covid Essential Services FAQ page on Monday.
May 7, 2020
Safety Policies & Procedures for Bradford Country Club re-opening:
In Bradford Country Club’s re-opening, the following measures have been implemented at our golf course. This industry-specific guidance is based on what is currently known about COVID-19 and is intended to protect the public’s health and allow MA golf courses to open for business.
The intent of these recommendations is to reduce transmission of COVID-19 among employees and customers; support healthy business operations; and maintain a healthy work environment.
Please follow these measures to help everyone to stay safe at this unprecedented time.
Before your round:
1. To book a tee time, please visit our website at bradfordcc.com or call our golf shop Monday-Friday 7am – 5pm, Saturday & Sunday, 6:30am – 5pm.
2. Players must arrive or remain in their car until no more than 15 minutes prior to their tee-time, at which time they may check-in and proceed to starting tee;
no gathering before or after play is permitted.
3. The golf shop is closed. Payments are requested at the time of booking.
4. When you book a tee time, you will receive an email. YOU MUST CHECK-IN AND SELECT THE PAYMENT OPTION FROM YOUR ONLINE BOOKING CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
4. Should you require to pay upon arrival, visit the window on the golf shop deck ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING.
5. Golf bags should be brought by the player and not handled by anyone except the player.
6. Personal clubs must be used; no rental sets or sharing of clubs is permitted.
7. The locker room will remain closed until further notice.
8. The putting green will be closed until further notice.
During your round:
1. We ask all guests to refrain from touching the following items on the course: Flagsticks, tee markers, benches, yardage markers, signs or ropes.
2. The following have been removed from the golf course & golf carts: Divot mix bottles, bunker rakes, trash cans, ball washers & water coolers.
3. You may lift, clean & place your ball in bunkers. Please do your best to smooth out the bunker after your shot.
4. Please replace all divots & fix all ball marks on the greens.
5. Please leave the flagstick in the hole. Cups have been altered so your ball will not reach the bottom of the hole. Practice continuous putting.
6. Practice social distancing protocols.
After your round:
1. Please return all golf carts to the Cart Return Area and space them 6 Ft. apart. Please follow signs and markings.
2. Please remove personal trash and use the trash receptacles in the cart return area.
3. Guests are asked to remove their own bags and head directly to their cars.
4. If you are walking, please return directly to your car after completing the 18th hole.
5. Please DO NOT bring alcohol on property and remain in the parking lot after your round.
6. On Monday, May 25th, in Massachusetts, there will no longer be a medical restriction for access to golf carts. GOLF CARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL, SINGLE RIDERS & THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD.
1. Staff must wear cloth face coverings when in the golf course facility and in public locations or shared staff areas.
2. We ask all people wearing face coverings must not touch their eyes, nose, mouth, or face, or adjust their face mask without first sanitizing hands. After touching face or adjusting your mask, hands must be sanitized.
3. We have installed 5 hand sanitizing stations. Please use them frequently.
4. We sanitize all surfaces including door handles, screens, phones, pens, keyboards and other areas of hand contact every two hours, at a minimum.
5. We clean and disinfect restrooms frequently.
6. Group play of no more than four may be permitted with tee times spaced at least 12 minutes apart.
7. Walking only. No golf carts are allowed at this time for any reason.
8. All carts are properly cleaned and disinfected following use.
9. Cart staging accommodates social distancing guidelines.
10. Push carts are permitted. They are cleaned and disinfected after every use.
11. We have removed the following items from the golf course; bunker rakes, cups altered and no on-course amenities e.g. water stations, ball washers, sand boxes, benches, etc.).
12. Golf instruction must performed virtually.
13. League play may only be permitted if it follows appropriate tee time intervals and social distancing guidelines
14. Clinics, Camps and organized activities must remain suspended.
15. No youth activities are permitted.
16. Practice areas, including indoor & outdoor practice areas (putting and driving) must be closed.